Thank you for contacting Puppy Tales Rescue in regards to surrendering your dog. We understand that this is never an easy decision to make.
To help us understand you and your dog’s needs please complete the form below with as much detail as possible. It is important to obtain as much accurate information as we can from you about your pet. All of the information will help us find the most appropriate foster home, which will lead to a smooth transition into rescue for your pet.
Once your form has been assessed, our Animal coordinator will be in contact as soon as possible. They will organise a day and time for you to bring your dog into our rescue which is located in Merrimu, Victoria. On some occasions we can arrange for your dog to be collect from you.
If you are Interstate and wish to surrender to our rescue, this can be arranged if circumstances allow.
At the Time of Surrender
Please make sure you have the following with you:
- Vaccination, desexing and microchip certificates.
- Any medical history. If your dog has seen a vet you can obtain a print out of their history.
- Food that your dog has been eating. This will help your dog from having an upset tummy.
- If you are not the owner, a signed letter from the owner giving you permission to surrender the animal on their behalf.
- Any items belonging to the animal such as bedding and toys.
Every animal surrendered into our care will be given a thorough medical examination, as well as having their behaviour assessed.
Puppy Tales Rescue and Rehoming will never euthanise an animal capable of being rehomed.
For privacy purposes, once your pet has been surrendered into our care, we are unable to provide you with details of its adopter. We can however provide photo updates if available.